Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Learning Cambodian Dances

Emily G.
This is my first Blog and so far this has been the most amazing expeirence i have ever had. I wan't to talk about two days ago. We went to Arn's organization Cambodian Masters Performers program. We were in a slum city where the kids were learning traditional dances and music . The kids tried to teach me Dr, Greenwald and Ella how to dance. I was really bad but they were amazing! Me and Dr. Greenwald tried to teach them ballet. There's a picture of it.
We went to an other music class where the kids were learning how to speak english. They were really good. This one girl had a whole canversation with me aand as i was saying good bye she held my hand and walked me out. It was so sweet i was so tuched. The people here are so amazingly nice and never stop smiling. It is true what people say a smile can make your day!

Yesterday we had a very hard day we went to a school turned prison camp for the Khmer Rouge and the killing feilds the sight of the mass graves. I won't get in to detail but it was very uppsetting for me.
Today we went to a government landmine removel center and we got to actually hold deactivated land mines. We are going to Kampan Chung,we won't have internet acess for 2 or 3 days buyt i'll keep you posted on what we did.

5 comments:

  1. Emily - You certainly made me smile today!! This is such a great experience for you.
    Love to your dad!
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Aunt Beth
    It is so great to hear from you!! We are having the best time i can't wait to tell you all about it! See you soon
    love you too
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Em - Wow! What an amazing experience. It's incredible that you are there and getting first hand experience about a cause that you have been working for. Keep up the great work. Can't wait to see you when you get home. Send my love to dad and Ben.... love, Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Karen
    It is so cool that we can talk! Thanks for reading it. Sorry for the short meassage i have to go to dinner.
    Love you
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently sold some businesses to Cambodian Americans. I see the people from Cambodia, as a whole, to be the most hard working of any folks that I have known. A real pleasure just to be with them. They are so focused and seem to have an appreciation for the good, real simple things like good fruit and a good laugh. After studying what they have endured as a people, I can understand why. And, the women are soooo pretty.

    ReplyDelete