Sunday, February 27, 2005

Back Home

Posted by Emily
I'm home now and it is really cold! It was really sad to say goodbye to everyone but I was happy to see my mom. The last night was really fun we had a huge party! And as a Birthday present James had Varnik brought to the party from the orphanage!!! I know everyone else probobly told you about the party so i won't talk about it much! When we were saying goodbye Chon Ton told me it's not goodbye it's just i'll see you again. I definetly think thats true i can't wait to come back to Cambodia!! It was amazing! I'd like to thank every one for making this trip awsome! Thanks to Dr. Greenwald and Mr. Hyman for making this possible! and Thanks to James and Terri for putting together CPI and thanks to all the other students it was amazing And Jessica thanks for keeping me from being bored on the plane and the whole time!! This may be my last blog so Bye!! I had and Amazing time!!!
Emily

2 comments:

  1. To all you folks from Tenafly
    In July 2000, I had the chance to meet Mark Hyman and learn about the work you all have been doing, not just to learn about the realities in places where life is so difficult, but to try to help the people for whom those places are home.
    You also are educating your town and your fellow students, and will be forever changed by your experiences, as some of you have already noted.
    You have one of the most dedicated teachers (among many) in the entire state, and your parents, by supporting his efforts as well as your own desire to extend your horizons confirm the rightness of his efforts.
    Congratulations on your successful trip. Spread what you have learned and bring more people to the cause of learning more about the rest of the world. Our future depends on it.
    Dave Rabadan
    A friend of Mark Hyman's - and a Teaneck native.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Emily, what would I do without you! You were such a brave soul on the airplane! It was a great trip...I missed waking up to you today. Wow, it all seems like a dream. Thank you so much.
    Until next time, farewell Cambodia,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete