Monday, July 25, 2005

An Update on Ha

IMG_0090.jpg


Ha is one of our beneficiaries who has needed multiple operations. The entry below is from Toan who just visited Ha at the Da Nang Orthopedic & Rehabilitation Center (DNORC). Read more about Ha's story here and see more pictures of her here.

We visited Ho Thi Ha on July 21st in DNORC with a CPI delegation from U.S. She just got her fifth surgery on July 7^th by Doctor Thanh. It is 2 months and a half already since April 30^th when she came back to DNORC for her legs readjustment. On the day we visited her, Ha had an X-ray to check if everything is ok with her two legs. She still seated and moved with a wheelchair right now. However, she looked so great this time with a bright smile often in her face. According to Dr. Thanh, she had to seat on the wheelchair to wait for her legs recovered and stable after the surgery. It would take her some time on the wheelchair until she can walk, said Dr. Thanh; at least, one more month from now on. Of course, Ha could walk straight after the fourth surgery. Nevertheless, the fifth one would help her to walk straighter without pain. That is what Ha also wanted. She expressed her homesick with me when she has been staying in DNORC for quite a long time. She seemed very optimistic and hopeful with her legs straighter in the coming time. �Without CPI support, I would have to walk on my knees for the rest of my life�, Ha said. "It was so miserable in the past walking on my knee", Ha recalled and she then smiled happily, "I would never expect that I could walk straightly on my two legs. From now on, I could walk easily to work on the field and to take care of my younger sisters and brothers. I am so excited and grateful to CPI and to you all for your meaningful support".

By looking at her face, I realized that the happiness is simple but would only come to those who could respect it. Ha had suffered a lot from the landmine accident. She had also struggled a lot to live and walk on her own. And now she is deserved to have the happiness of walking straightly on her two legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment